Saturday 11 September 2021 Rinkven International Golf Club
Visionary Webinar - Recycling for a Sustainable Future
The Belgium-Japan Association & Chamber of Commerce is happy to support Leuven Mindgate and imec and to invite the members to this visionary online seminar that will explore every facet of the recycling industry as part of the circular economy.
The Circular Economy is at the forefront of current global discussions, as seen on last year's World Economic Forum conference in Davos, Switzerland. The Circular Economy concept could be an important enabler of overall sustainability.
The Belgian federal government and the three autonomous regions are all aligned on this transition to a circular economy, and it must be said that Belgium is recognized as being a pioneer in this field.
According the principles of a circular economy, increased maintenance, reuse and reprocessing must be considered right from the product design stage, while avoiding waste and environmental pollution. Also, the use of critical raw materials that are subject to supply shortage is an essential aspect.
Material shortage is an outlook we cannot escape, we can, however, change how we deal with that. Undoubtedly, sustainable product design has never been more important.
From the purposeful use of plastics design, and recycling precious metals to upcycling aircrafts, our speakers will leave no stone unturned!
- 15:30-16:00 Registrations/online login
- 16:00-16:05 Welcome by Leuven MindGate & online seminar instructions
- 16:05-16:30 Introduction & Opening Keynote, by Prof. Karel Van Acker, KU Leuven
- 16:30-16:50 AI&robotics for sorting&dismantling, by Prof. Dr. Jef Peeters, KU Leuven
- 16:50-17:10 Keynote by Koen Staut, CEO Aerocircular
- 17:10-17:15 Break
- 17:15-17:35 "Metal recycling technology from LiIon batteries, IT devices and car catalysts", by Dr. Ir. Egbert Lox, Senior Vice President, Umicore
- 17:35-17:55 "Design from recycling for plastics", by Prof. Els Du Bois, UAntwerpen
- 17:55-18:25 Closing Debate with all the speakers, moderated by Yolan Gielen (Facilitator Circular Economy, Circular Flanders @ OVAM)
- 18:25-18:30 Closing by Leuven MindGate
- 18:30-19:30 Networking session
Online event through MS TEAMS
Special Participation Fee for BJA Members: 20 € excl. VAT
This event is supported by: