DATA PROTECTION NOTICE |
Belgium-Japan Association & Chamber of Commerce (BJA)
Last modified: June 10, 2018
The BJA is committed to protecting your Personal Data. This notice describes the types of Personal Data the Belgium-Japan Association & Chamber of Commerce (“BJA,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) collects from you or that you provide when you visit the website www.bja.be (“Website”) the purposes for which we collect that Personal Data, the other parties with whom we may share it and the measures we take to protect the security of the data. It also tells you about your rights with respect to your Personal Data, and how you can contact us about our data protection practices. Please read this notice carefully. This notice may change from time to time (see Revisions to Our Data Protection Notice).
II. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. We collect Personal Data such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, job function, current member status, product and services interests, and Personal Data related to your inquiries and requests. We also collect Personal Data about your internet connection and the equipment you use to access our Website. As you navigate through the Website, we automatically collect Personal Data such as your usage details, IP address, and Personal Data collected through cookies.
Personal Data You Give to Us. The Personal Data we collect on or through our Website includes:
• Personal Data that you provide by completing in our “Join Us” form such as your title, name, function, phone number, fax number, email address, address.
• Member contact details you provide when you log in to our online database member directory to facilitate communication between BJA members.
• Product and service information, such as event registration information, when you register for one of our events or request products or services directly from us.
• Job applications and related information.
• Website, device usage, and similar information collected via automated means, such as cookies.
• Personal Data you provide when we process and respond to your inquiries related to BJA related matters.
Personal Data We Collect About You. As with many other websites, as you navigate through and interact with our Website, we use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain Personal Data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including resources that you access and use on our Website, traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data.
• Personal Data about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address operating system, host domain, and browser type.
• Details of referring websites (URL).
The Personal Data we collect automatically is statistical data that helps us improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Determine web site traffic patterns.
• Count web visits.
• Determine traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site.
• Help us to know which pages and content are the most and least popular.
• Observe site search patterns to provide more intuitive navigation cues.
• Determine user frequency and time between user visits.
Cookies Used on This Website.
Purpose: Used for managing user session on the Website.
Duration: Expires when browser session ends.
Types: First party.
Purpose: Google Analytics. Used to distinguish users.
Duration: 2 years.
Types: First party.
Purpose: Google Analytics. Used to distinguish users.
Duration: 24 hours.
Types: First party.
III. WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We process your Personal Data for the purposes listed below:
• Create and manage your membership with BJA.
• Provide and communicate with you about our products and services, such mailings on events, newsflashes, newsletters, surveys, purchases of services and/or products and membership.
• Create, edit and publish a directory of members and of Japanese companies in Belgium.
• Create membership statistics for internal purposes to improve our products and services.
• Recommend services of members to other members or to third parties (such as non-members companies or individuals).
• Process your job offers.
• For other purposes for which we will provide specific notice at the time of Personal Data collection, and as otherwise authorized or required by law.
We will only use your Personal Data with your consent; as necessary to provide you with our products and services; to comply with a legal obligation; or when we have a legitimate interest that necessitates the use of the Personal Data. Our legitimate interest is to enhance the visibility of the association and ensure the satisfaction of its members.
IV. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Subject to applicable law and regulations, we share Personal Data that we collect or you provide with:
• Service providers acting on our behalf for the purposes listed above in this notice. We require these service providers by contract to only process Personal Data in accordance with our instructions and as necessary to perform the services on our behalf or in compliance with applicable law (e.g., invitation mailing and newsletter distribution providers, providing advertisements in our member directory, website administration services).
• Public institutions, such as the Belgian Court of Commerce to process General Assembly documents.
• Co-Organizers, security services in context of organizing events.
• The Belgian-Luxembourg-Chamber of Commerce in Japan with regard to matters of the YES Program (http://www.bja.be/services_yes.php).
V. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data that we collect from you can be transferred to Japan. The BJA has implemented international data transfer agreements on the basis of EU Standard Contractual Clauses in order to provide appropriate and suitable safeguards for Personal Data being transferred to countries outside the EEA where an adequate level of protection is not already guaranteed. A copy can be obtained by contacting the BJA Office in Belgium, using the phone number 02 644 14 05 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VI. DATA RETENTION
Unless otherwise required by law, the BJA will also erase Personal Data when it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which was collected or otherwise processed unless statutory retention periods apply, such as for example 5 years for bookkeeping laws; when you withdraw your consent (where lawfulness of processing was based on your consent) and there is no other legal ground for the processing; when you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; when no longer necessary (e.g. when you decide to withdraw from the BJA); when your Personal Data has been unlawfully processed; and when it is necessary to comply with legal obligations.
VII. YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have certain rights regarding the Personal Data we maintain about you and certain choices about what Personal Data we collect from you, how we use it, and how we communicate with you.
• The right to request access to and receive information about the Personal Data we maintain about you, as well as to obtain a copy thereof.
• The right to rectification or erasure of your Personal Data.
• The right to restrict or to object to processing concerning your Personal Data.
• The right to data portability to transfer your Personal Data easily to another company.
• Where Personal Data processing is based on your consent, the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can tell us not to send you any further marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below.
• The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
VIII. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Personal Data provided to us in accordance with this notice will be encrypted in transit.
IX. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Our Website may contain links or references to other websites outside of our control. Please be aware that this notice does not apply to these websites. The BJA encourages you to read the Data Protection statements and terms and conditions of linked or referenced websites you enter. These third-party websites may send their own cookies and other tracking devices to you, log your IP address, and otherwise collect data or solicit Personal Data.
X. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and the BJA does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Data from children under the age of 16. No one under the age of 16 may provide any Personal Data to or on the Website. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that Personal Data. If you believe we may collected any Personal Data from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact our BJA Office by calling 02 64 4 14 05 or emailing email@example.com.
XI. REVISIONS TO OUR DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
We reserve the right to change this notice at any time. Any changes we make will be posted on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat your Personal Data, we will notify you through a notice on the Website home page via a separate banner related to this Data Protection Notice. The date this notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page.
XII. DATA CONTROLLER & HOW TO CONTACT US
The data controller for the purposes of this data protection notices is BJA, with a registered office at:
Belgium-Japan Association & Chamber of Commerce asbl/vzw
Avenue Louise 287 box 7
Should you have any questions about this notice and our data protection practices or if you would like to submit a request to exercise your data protection rights, please contact as at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 644 14 05.